Contact Us Contact Us

Business Support in Essex

Support Available

Essex County Council is dedicated to improving Essex and the lives of  residents in the area. The council aims to provide high-quality, targeted services that deliver real value for money residents and businesses across Essex.

tinyurl.com/essex-business

08457 430 430

  • Business Support – Pre-Start

  • Procurement

    • Essex County Council’s vision to develop a county where innovation brings prosperity. To achieve this the council is focusing on increasing educational achievement and skills; developing and maintaining infrastructure; supporting employment and entrepreneurship; improving public health; safeguarding vunerable people; keeping communities safe and respecting Essex’s environment.

    • tinyurl.com/essexccprocurement
  • Procurement – Start Up
    • Essex County Council purchases a range of goods and services in support of its operation, and also for the delivery of high-quality services to Essex residents. Register online as a supplier to able to respond to the the council’s current tendering opportunities, which are summarised weekly.

    • www.essex.gov.uk/Business-Partners/Supplying-Council/Pages/default.aspx
  • Digital Skills For Growth

    • Up to £4000 is available for digital skills training if you are looking to fill, or create, a new position which primarily involves digital skills. The person could be external or internal appointment, as long as your business is expanding its head count and the individual lives in Greater Essex (which covers all of Essex, including Southend and Thurrock, but excludes London Boroughs). The council contributes up to 70% of the cost of training, with the business contributing the remaining 30%.

    • www.essex.gov.uk/business-partners/business-advice-support/funding-business/Skills-for-economic-growth/Pages/Default.aspx