This course provides detailed guidance on how to create, agree, vary or terminate employment contracts.
If you are creating a new position or taking on a new member of staff, ensuring you get the contract exactly right can make the world of difference to both your organisation and your employee. By law all workers are required to be given Terms and Conditions of employment (written statements). Many Employment Tribunal claims arise from poorly drawn up contracts in which terms are not documented properly. Similar scenarios arise from altering or terminating contracts without following proper procedures.
Find out what makes an agreement binding and what an employee is legally entitled to. Gain an understanding of different types of contracts, how to avoid loopholes and communicate policies and procedures that support contracts you’ve written.
All delegates will receive an electronic certificate of attendance for their participation in the training.
Managing Directors, CEOs, board members, team leaders, heads of department, HR professionals and managers with responsibility for preparing, changing or ending contracts – as well as those who oversee adherence to contracts.
This event will cover:
- What an employment contract consists of
- Employee entitlements
- Different types of contracts and what makes them binding
- Illegal contracts
- Terms & Conditions of employment (the written statement)
- Policies to support your contract
- Absence and pay, disciplinary and grievance procedures, collective agreements, pension arrangements and restrictive covenants
- Altering the terms of a contract
- Lay off and short time working
- Terminating a contract
- Notice and payment entitlements
Price £110.00 per person Please note our training events are VAT exempt
Please call Acas on 0300 123 1150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org