The 3-day Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road certification course provides delegates with the skills and knowledge required to correctly handle and prepare shipments of dangerous goods for transport by Road. Giving them confidence to transfer the knowledge into their work environment.
A level of Dangerous Goods knowledge is required in order to attend this course and it is recommended that you have access to the Road ADR Regulations
By the end of the course learners will be able to confidently use the ADR Regulations to:
- Correctly prepare a consignment of dangerous goods for road transportation
- Validate whether a consignment has been prepared correctly for road transportation
- Adhere to practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of goods for road transportation.
Our training encourages participation and ensure that the course is relevant, interesting and engaging.
Full details of course:
- Introduction to the Regulations ADR UK Road Regulations
- Hazardous Classes
- UN numbers and Proper Shipping Names
- Packing Groups
- Mixed Packing
- Excepted Quantities
- Limited Quantities
- Package Specification and testing
- Marking and labelling
- Documentation – completion of the dangerous goods note
- Vehicle and container placarding
- Driver requirements
- Tunnel codes
Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must re-validate their qualification. Re-validation courses available.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a fully regulated course which concludes with a regulated test, a pass must be achieved in order to receive official validation.
Re-sits are available but it is advised that they should be taken within one month of the original course.
Sam Stretton has had experience working for a global logistics provider for over 20 years. Most of her time was in the training and development sector; where she managed a large training team and had t he privilege of travelling the world to teach the employees all facets of running a logistics business across Europe, the Middle East and Africa region.
Welcome to Logicom Hub the place for all your logistics and dangerous goods training needs.
Specialists in the Carriage of Dangerous Goods & Logistics. Logicom Hub realise that every business is unique, sometimes a different approach is needed by training employees in-house or building a bespoke training that considers your company culture and industry in more detail. We can develop bespoke training in all methods from instructor led to full computer based training.