This highly interactive workshop will help you to generate and evaluate new business ideas using a straightforward six-step plan. You will learn how to make your new idea attractive to customers, define your target customers, protect your Intellectual Property and ensure all resources are in place to successfully launch your new service or product.
Alongside your increased knowledge and confidence, you will leave with a bespoke Implementation Plan for your business.
Workshop Content: Day 1
Picking the right idea and checking it’s a good one
- Idea generation – Adding value for the potential customer, what features are needed?
- Idea Screening & feasibility – Which is the best idea? Are people going to buy it? What value is it going to add to their lives?
- Defining your target customers and market for your service / product.
- Business Analysis – Who’s going ot buy it? How much is it going to cost to develop? How are you going to fund it?
- Outline planning – What are the steps now to get your new idea off the ground?
- Service / Product Lifecycle.
- Intellectual Property – Protecting your idea.
Workshop Content: Day 2
Developing and launching your idea to market
- Developing the idea – Risk management, project management, timescales, prototyping
- Testing the idea in a small, controlled environment to make sure it works and is going to add value to your customers
- Commercialisation – Pricing, packaging, promoting
- Market positioning Branding
- Strengthening the idea – Accreditations, Standards, Quality Marks, Recommendations.
- Summarising the learning and activities into a concise “Service / Product Implementation Plan” for your business.
Who should attend?
- Established businesses based in the Essex Local Authority area.
- Start-up businesses registered for less than one year that are based in the Essex Local Authority area.
- Individuals looking to start up their own business.
The workshop will begin at 10am and finish at 4pm each day. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. You do not need to attend both days, but we recommend that you do. Please select your attendance days when you register.