Access to high speed broadband has fast become one of ‘must haves’ for business. For some, it is seen as the fourth utility. But what is being done locally to ensure to that the digital demands of our business base are being met?
Join Basildon Business Group, Basildon Council and Superfast Essex for breakfast at this FREE event and find out how you can access up to £2,500 towards full fibre broadband with the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme and help your business thrive in a digital age.
Digital Basildonis offering you the opportunity to learn about what the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme can offer your business, why gigabit speeds are worth it, how you can apply and get quotes on the day from suppliers who can install full fibre broadband for you under the scheme to provide a gigabit-capable connection.
This is about accessing faster than superfast speeds (30Mbps), faster than ultrafast speeds (300Mbps) and preparing your business for the needs of the future digital world with gigabit speeds (1000Mbps or 1Gbps).
Hear from industry speakers including:
- New Holland, our hosts, as we are welcomed to the tractor plant which has been based in Basildon and serving businesses globally for more than 55 years
- Basildon Council will provide an update on broadband connectivity in Basildon – the current status and future plans with the Superfast Essex rollout and Local Full Fibre Networks programme
- Superfast Essex will give an overview of the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme, what it is, how it works and how your business can benefit from it
- A Basildon business will outline all you need to know about cyber security to help you make sure your business is protected
- Rickard Luckin will be busting myths around Making Tax Digital so that you know what steps you need to take to comply with the new rules which were introduced on 1st April 2019
- A Basildon business will be highlighting why full fibre is the only way forward to future proof your business to operate and network in the Cloud and lead the way digitally
Guests will have the opportunity to ask questions during a 30-minute panel discussion with our speakers and full fibre broadband supplier, Glide.
There will also be time for networking before, during a mid-way break, and after the main event plenary when you can visit the marketplace exhibition stands to meet the event speakers and multiple suppliers to get quotes on the day.
Breakfast including tea and coffee will be available from 7.30am ready for the main event to start at 8am. The event plenary will finish at 10am with up to one hour available for networking with suppliers and speakers in the marketplace afterwards. The event will officially close at 11am.