Day 1 of this highly informative workshop provides you with an overview of the financial cash flows in a business. It includes understanding income and expenditure accounts and creating a Profit and Loss account.
Workshop Content: Day 1
Improving your cashflow
- An overview of the financial flows in a business.
- Understanding income and expenditure accounts.
- Understanding and creating a Profit and Loss account.
- The role and importance of Balance Sheets.
- The critical importance of Cash Flow.
- Understanding Management Accounts.
Day 2 will help you to understand financial risks & opportunities. You will learn how to use financial forecasting, essential for securing grants and other finance.
Workshop Content: Day 2
Ensuring Longer term financial performance
- Using a Business Canvas to understand the key business activities in your business.
- Creating an outline 12-month income and expenditure plan for your business.
- Creating a 1-year P&L for own business.
- Creating a 2-year Cash Flow spreadsheet for your business.
- Seeing critical financial risks and opportunities in your business.
- Summarising the learning and activities into a concise “financial improvement action plan” for your business.
Alongside your increased knowledge and confidence, you will leave with a bespoke Implementation Plan for your business.
Who should attend?
Established businesses based in the Essex Local Authority area.
The workshop will begin at 10am and finish at 4pm each day. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Please select your attendance days when you register (we recommend you try to attend both days).
The workshop will begin at 10am and finish at 4pm each day. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.