This free 2 day workshop in Braintree will give you an understanding of how to set up a new Social Enterprise business.
It will cover the issues you need to address, including the legal structures available, suitable financial practices, the social enterprise marketplace and the knowledge of how to measure and value social impact.
The workshop will begin at 10am and finish at 4pm each day. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Who should attend?
- People who wish to start up a Social Enterprise business based in the Essex Local Authority area.
- Start-up businesses registered for less than one year that are based in the Essex Local Authority area.
Workshop Content: Day 1
Understanding Social Enterprises
- Defining a social enterprise – using SEUK model and participants’ experiences.
- The different legal structures used by social enterprises and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Balancing trading and social purpose – needs of different stakeholders.
- How the money works in social enterprise – financial planning and management, costing social value.
Workshop Content: Day 2
Bringing Your Idea to Life
- Understanding the market place – where information is held.
- Measuring impact – how to tell the story of the social impact to funders, investors and other stakeholders.
- How to convert your knowledge into a business plan.
This workshop is being run by First Ascent Ltd and Enterprise Support Alliance Ltd on behalf of the South East Business Boost programme and is free of charge to eligible businesses and individuals.
If you are unable to attend both days, or would like to attend one day only, please contact us and we can arrange this for you.