This practical event provides an introduction to the fundamentals of employing people. The course maps the employment relationship from recruitment, to issuing contracts, managing holidays, dealing with absence, discipline and grievance matters through to ending the employment relationship.
A helpful tool kit of sample policies and letters is provided to delegates for use back in their workplace.
– How to draft a job description and a person specification
– How to prepare, structure and run effective interviews, including practical exercises
– How to assess evidence and make decisions
Contracts of employment:
– How to put the main terms and conditions in writing
– Rules on pay, hours of work and holidays
– How to make changes to terms and conditions
– Types of discrimination and the areas which are covered by discrimination law
– Dealing effectively with problems areas by following the Acas code of practice on discipline and grievance
– Includes taking informal action, holding formal disciplinary meetings and dealing with employee grievances
– How to deal fairly and effectively with unauthorised absence, short term illness and long term sickness through an absence policy
Ending the employment relationship:
– When is a dismissal fair and when might it be unfair? Different ways to end a contract and rules on notice and notice pay
A toolkit of sample policy documents and letters around the main basic requirements is provided to allow for easy implementation back in the workplace.
Price £170.00 per person Please note our training events are VAT exempt
Please call Acas on 0300 123 1150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org