This free 2 day workshop in Harlow will give you a practical understanding of key financial concepts and how to apply them to improve the financial performance of your business.
You will leave with a bespoke Implementation Plan for your business.
The workshop will begin at 9:30am and finish at 3:30pm each day. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Who should attend?
- Established businesses based in the Essex Local Authority area.
Workshop Content: Day 1
Key Financial Concepts
- An overview of the financial flows in a business.
- Understanding income and expenditure accounts.
- Understanding and creating a Profit and Loss account.
- The role and importance of Balance Sheets.
- The critical importance of Cash Flow.
- Understanding Management Accounts.
Workshop Content: Day 2
Improving the Financial Performance of your Business
- Using a Business Canvas to understand the key business activities in your business.
- Creating an outline 12-month income and expenditure plan for your business.
- Creating a 1-year P&L for own business.
- Creating a 2-year Cash Flow spreadsheet for your business.
- Seeing critical financial risks and opportunities in your business.
- Summarising the learning and activities into a concise “financial improvement action plan” for your business.
This workshop is being run by First Ascent Ltd and Enterprise Support Alliance Ltd on behalf of the South East Business Boost programme and is free of charge to eligible businesses and individuals.
If you are unable to attend both days, or would like to attend one day only, please contact us and we can arrange this for you.