This free 2 day workshop will help you to understand the basic IT skills needed in businesses, including creating invoices & managing accounts, creating or utilising CRM systems & mailing platforms, managing stock & business processes.
You will leave with a bespoke IT Implementation Plan for your business.
The workshop will begin at 10am and finish at 4pm each day. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Who should attend?
- Established businesses based in the Essex Local Authority area.
- Start-up businesses registered for less than one year that are based in the Essex Local Authority area.
- Individuals looking to start up their own business.
Workshop Content: Day 1
Essential IT Skills
- An overview of today’s IT skills needed by every business.
- Creating invoices and managing accounts, using Excel or cloud-based products.
- Creating a client relationship management database or utilising cloud-based services.
- Stock control and business process flow management options.
- Mailing platforms and integrating online presence.
Workshop Content: Day 2
- The tools available to improve the “presentation” of your business.
- Effective use of powerpoint and similar tools.
- Creating video and multimedia content to support the presentation of the business.
- Managing a 24-hour “always-available” presence for your business.
- Ensuring GDPR compliance for your business, across all IT platforms and processes.
- Summarising the learning and activities into a concise “IT Skills Plan” for own business.
- Evaluation, reminder of other available support, final Q&A.
This workshop is being run by First Ascent Ltd and Enterprise Support Alliance Ltd on behalf of the South East Business Boost programme and is free of charge to eligible businesses and individuals.
If you are unable to attend both days, or would like to attend one day only, please contact us and we can arrange this for you.