The law requires employers to act reasonably in their discipline of employees and in dealing with grievances. Poorly handled processes can lead to unnecessary and costly employment tribunals.
This half day event will provide you with an essential overview of the skills and knowledge needed to manage and conduct employee discipline and grievance procedures.
If problems at work are tackled early, they take up less time and are less likely to damage working relationships, resulting in improved staff motivation and increased productivity.
Having effective and compliant procedures in place can encourage employees to observe the rules and maintain workplace standards.
The Acas Code of practice on discipline and grievance sets out the basic requirements of fairness and reasonable behaviour when handling discipline and grievance procedures.
Delegates attending this half day event will gain an overview of the Acas Code of Practice and receive practical guidance to confidently and correctly handle discipline and grievance issues in their workplace.
All delegates will receive an electronic certificate of attendance for their participation in the training.
This half day event will give an essential overview of:
- The Acas Code on disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Resolving issues informally and when formal action is necessary
- Setting clear rules and how to communicate them
- The importance of record keeping
- Conducting a disciplinary or grievance meeting
- When an internal investigation is necessary and what it should consist of
- Taking appropriate action; use of penalties and sanctions
- Dealing with appeals
Price £110.00 per person Please note our training events are VAT exempt
Please call Acas on 0300 123 1150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org