In collaboration with Martin Smith PhD, this practical workshop is a follow up to part one. It gives delegates the opportunity to apply the skills and knowledge developed in the first session, equipping them with the confidence to manage extreme, and persistent and difficult behaviours within their workplace.
NB: This is a follow up to our Managing extreme persistent and difficult workplace behaviours (Part 1) event. It is a prerequisite that all delegates have already attended the first session.
This event is co-delivered by an Acas Senior Adviser offering best practice workplace advice and Martin Smith PhD.
Martin is an accredited member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, a life member of the Open University Psychological Society and a member of the Institute of Leadership and Management. A senior lecturer in psychotherapy at Nottingham Trent University and independent training consultant, he specialises in extreme difficult behaviour in the workplace and personality issues which go well beyond simply awkward.
This event provides delegates with the opportunity to practice the skills and ideas developed during the part one session, in a safe environment, through interactive exercises.
All delegates will receive an electronic certificate of attendance for their participation in the training.
Delegates from all sectors of industry including: managers, supervisors, team leaders, HR professionals, business owners, Trade Union representatives, employee representatives and individuals who wish enhance their CPD.
Through interactive exercises this event will cover:
- An overview of extreme difficult behaviour types and personality issues common to this behaviour
- Practice around identifying common language used by these challenging individuals at interview, in the workplace, and in their writing
- Practice around utilising skills and strategies highlighted in the previous course, through interactive exercises
- Other areas where these difficult behaviours might be a concern e.g. appraisals, initial interviews, and applications for promotion
- Establishing the boundaries: Acas good practice in managing performance
- A review of key warning signs to help tackle extreme difficult behaviour at an early stage
Price £245.00 per person Please note our training events are VAT exempt
Please call Acas on 0300 123 1150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org