Expanding your business? Considering employing a student or graduate? Want to learn more about how ARU’s Employment Services can support your business?
The MedBIC is hosting a series of drop-in sessions offering tailored information for businesses interested in engaging with ARU students and graduates. Colleagues from our Employment Bureau and Student Services will be on hand to discuss how we can support you build your team, including:
- Employer Advisory Groups – We welcome your feedback on our courses to help inform their future content and ensure they reflect industry needs and challenges. Share your experience of students and graduates, tell us their skills gaps and what do they need to be focusing on.
- Solving your recruitment needs – Find out how we can fill your short term staffing needs, assist with a specific project or build your pipeline of graduate talent.
- Placements – Potential to offer a 9-12 month work placement to fill skills gaps within your business and help build a pipeline of graduate talent. Subject areas include: Business Management, Accounting & Finance, Marketing, Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering.
- The ARU Partnership Project – Become a recognised employment partner of ARU and access our emerging student talent before your competitors by engaging them in a paid project whilst they study.
- Graduate job opportunities – Benefit from our online jobs board for advertising your graduate job roles. This provides access to our talented final year students and recent graduates who could help your business thrive.
- Careers Fairs – Our popular Careers Fairs are a great opportunity for you to meet keen and talented students from all year groups and to promote work placements and graduate careers at your company.
- Dissertation Support – Many of our students are interested in working on an employer led project for their final year major project and this can form part of a recruitment process for the employer as another route to employing a graduate.
- Guest Speakers – Throughout the year there are opportunities for guest speakers from industry to share their knowledge and experience with our students and to give them an insight into the world of work whilst also promoting their company and business sector.
- Becoming a Business Mentor – Help develop and support students at ARU. Just a few hours of your time each month makes a huge difference to our students and can improve their employability skills and experience.