You may have heard the term social enterprise and wondered what this is and whether it is a good model for your business. This free, two day workshop will help you understand whether or not it is.
The workshop will begin at 10am and finish at 4pm each day. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Who should attend?
- People who are setting up something new or converting an existing charity or traditional business based in the Essex Local Authority area.
- Start-up businesses registered for less than one year that are based in the Essex Local Authority area.
Workshop Content: Day 1
Understanding Social Enterprises
- What are social enterprises – what do they do and how do they do it?
- What legal structures can you use and how to choose the best one for you?
- How do you balance the social and the financial aspects of your business?
Workshop Content: Day 2
Bringing Your Idea to Life
- What does your market place look like?
- How to plan and manage the finances
- How to measure the impact of what you do
- Writing a business plan
This workshop is being run by First Ascent Ltd and Enterprise Support Alliance Ltd on behalf of the South East Business Boost programme and is free of charge to eligible businesses and individuals.
If you are unable to attend both days, or would like to attend one day only, please contact us and we can arrange this for you.