A free business training workshop which will explain and guide you through the process of starting your own successful business
About this Event
This free two-day workshop will give you a full run down on the process of setting up your own business. Packed with practical tips and guidance, go from a novice to an expert with a dynamic two days of learning.
Day 1 – First Steps to Starting Up
Get the essentials right – Our first day will cover all the practical steps of how to start-up and register your own business.
Expect to learn:
- How to assess business viability
- How to register with HMRC
- Different types of business structure
- The legal side of naming your business
- How to undertake market research
- Small business funding
- How to write a business plan
Day 2 – Marketing & Taxation
Our second day will build on the foundations from day 1, preparing you with practical knowledge in two key operational areas for a new business – marketing & business taxation.
Morning – Marketing
- How to develop your brand / logo
- Producing quality and engaging promotional material
- An introduction to maximising your website presence (Search engine optimisation)
- Social media for business
- How to engage with the Press to promote your business
Afternoon – Taxation
- The basics of taxation for business
- Allowable and non-allowable expenses
- How to complete a self-assessment return
- Income tax vs Corporation tax
- VAT – how does it work?
- What is Making Tax Digital?
With limited spaces, book your free place today. Any queries, simply speak to the Nwes team on 01375 430003.