The Institute of Physics (IOP) provides the Public Engagement Grant Scheme (PEGS) to raise the public’s awareness of contemporary physics.
PEGS will offer financial support of up to £3000 to individuals and organisations that are running physics-based events in the UK and Ireland that:
- raise public awareness of, and engagement with, contemporary physics.
- inspire and enthuse public audiences, especially those not previously interested in physics.
- reach adult and family audiences beyond the classroom.
- develop the science communication skills of individuals, particularly physicists.
Eligible applicants include:
- Members of the IOP.
- Researchers in academia or industry.
- Community groups.
- Not-for-profit organisations.
- Arts groups.
Grants of between £500 to £3000 will be awarded.
There are two rounds of funding each year. The first round is in the spring and the second is in the autumn.
The current deadline for applications is 31 May 2019.
For all enquiries contact:
Institute of Physics
76 Portland Place
- Tel: 020 7470 4800
- Fax: 020 7470 4848
- E: email@example.com