The Essex Young Entrepreneurs Network (EYEN) is a new programme of support for young adults seeking to start their own innovative business. Working with key partners who already support and engage with 16-30 year olds, this programme aims to strengthen the support available to young entrepreneurs and provides support and funding up to £5,000.
The programme offers an alternative to the direct employment route and inspiring young individuals who may be underachieving in mainstream education, or are working in non-skilled jobs to use their talents for enterprise.
The Network is a sign-posting, mentoring, business advice and finance scheme, with several options that can be explored:
- Grants from £500-£2,000
- Loans from £200-£2,000
- Venture capital investment from £2,000-£5,000
Business ideas will be considered that are developing a new product or service that is new to the market, or adapting an existing product or service for a new market.
Applicants should be:
- Aged between 16 – 30 years old.
- Living in Essex (excluding Thurrock and Southend).
- Looking to start their own business or be within six months of starting their own business.
- Have an innovative business idea.
- Not have received more than £5,000 in financial support for their business idea past or present.
- Have commitment, passion and drive to succeed.
Applicants should submit an expression of interest in digital video format as a spoken application form, which will be reviewed by a panel of business experts and peers.
For more information please go to their website: www.essex1630.co.uk