You’re based in Thurrock and you’ve got an idea for a project that helps other people or the environment. How do you get it up and running?
That’s where we come in. We support you to start up a social enterprise, charity or business to help people.
You don’t need any educational qualifications for our programme, based in Thurrock. We welcome people from all backgrounds, including long-term unemployed, ex-offenders, and people with disabilities. You come along for practical learning – no textbooks in sight! – for one or two days a month.
Quick, apply now! The deadline is 26th September…
Interested, but not sure if you should apply? Email learning manager Michelle on email@example.com
This programme could be right for you if:
- You’re based in Thurrock
- You’ve got an idea for how to tackle a social or environmental problem
- You want to turn your idea into a business or charity, and have thought about how it could make money
- You’re talking to people about how your start-up could work – though you don’t need to have registered it or officially started up yet
- You like learning by doing, in a practical way
- You’d enjoy getting to know people from different backgrounds
- You can commit to one to two days per month, from October 2018 – September 2019
What will I learn?
You’ll learn how to become a confident leader and make an impact. We’ll help you develop the skills you’ll need to be successful, like:
- business skills (how to manage finances, business planning, measuring your impact & more)
- accessing funding and winning clients
- how to sell your idea and build support
- learning from failure and building resilience
You’ll get 12 days of learning & support, spread out over twelve months, and a mentor.
Every day is about hands-on learning from those who’ve been there and done it. We’re definitely not about taking tests or doing homework! We give you practical knowledge to turn your idea into a reality. You’ll be part of a group of around 15 people starting up projects like yours, working through problems and challenges together. We’ll also connect you with a mentor for one-on-one support.
Is there a fee?
Thanks to the support of Thurrock Council, there is no fee to take part in this exciting programme.
What are the course dates?
The programme starts in October 2018 and will run for 12 days over 12 months. It will be delivered from several venues including the Thurrock Adult Community College, Richmond Road, Grays RM17 6DW. Applicants must live in Thurrock.
How do I apply?
The deadline for applications is 26th September 2018.
We’ll then invite you to interview in late September.
Interested, but not sure if you should apply? Email learning manager Michelle on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact Claire Mulry on email@example.com if you have any questions about how the programme works or the application process.