The Water Environment Grant Scheme is part of the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE).
The scheme will provide £9 million in funding each year over the next three years to restore local ecosystems and to deliver substantial benefits to people and the environment.
The grant can pay for activities that meet the scheme’s objectives. These include:
- Creation and restoration of water-dependent habitats
- Restoring ecosystems in water-dependent habitats
- Managing the source of water pollution, especially diffuse pollution in rural areas
- Sustainable use of water resources
- Support for activities or events that help change agricultural practices to improve the water environment
- Carrying out feasibility studies for activities to tackle environmental problems in water-dependent habitats
- Buying machinery or equipment to carry out any of the above activities for your project
Who can apply: Charities (including not for profit organisations), Land Managers (Farmers, Foresters, Tenants, Landlords or Licensors) and Public bodies (Local Authorities, Parish Councils and National Park Authorities)
Read the guidance for further eligibility information
Maximum grant: £2 million
Deadline: 11 May 2018